More stunning NZ weather! But hey, the scenery made up for it (I hope?). Looks beautiful. And I love you’re bandanna Olivia!! 👍👍 So did you get a chance to do the Shotover???
This is the grand traverse in the Remarkables. It traverses the ridge that contains double cone and the single cone. The are all low grade rock climbs that require a lot of route finding. This is a shot of them from near Arrowtown. The mountains in the north After the slogging walk up the scree slopes I spent an hour trying to find the right way to get to the climbing. This is the view of lake Alta in the remarkables ski area. We walked there the day before for a look. After climbing the first 2 cones I was finally on the last one. The previous 2 (Double cone) on the left. This was the view from the first cone towards Queenstown. At some points I was on the top of the ridge with my left leg on the Alta lake face and my right on the Queenstown face. Mostly done. Now for the long climb back down to Lake Alta to complete the Traverse I brought a rope with me for the repels down this chute after the 3rd cone but I decided to down climb it instead as it was...
We stopped by a lake at St Arnaud on our way west. There were the usual posse of ducks working people over. But the jetty was the eels' turf and aint no one messin wid the eels. Stop. Cherry time. The next morning. This morning, we had a look at a fur seal collony just near Westport where we stayed. I keep telling folks that Greymouth hasn't got anything going for it. How wrong was I? $23 for a six beer tasting tray. I expected half glasses. How also wrong was I. Shannon's turn to drive. A bridge that I also remember getting a photo of 12 years ago.
Packing up in milford sound was as wet as a wet thing. It rained half of the night and the tent and peoples were soaked. We drove for south and then decided to head to Mt Cook via the winery region of central Otago. Heading past the AJ Hacket bunji, I noticed a small road on the other side of the gorge that looked familiar from 12 years ago. Not sure what is scarier out of the bunji or the drive. We then found a chesery and bought some Havarti Then it was back to Perigrine winery. Uh oh. Tooth is about to go. And gone Not only was the weather perfect for drying our wet stuff and the holiday park great - more so for us not paying for Olivia, but there were actually 0 sand flies. The tent is taking a beating now This very important red thing finally tore off. Nothing that a bush button couldn't fix. The zip is also maggoted. We may call salvage on it and just take back the useful parts. Ill get a new one in the US in May. Same model of course ...
More stunning NZ weather! But hey, the scenery made up for it (I hope?). Looks beautiful. And I love you’re bandanna Olivia!! 👍👍 So did you get a chance to do the Shotover???
ReplyDelete